Among America's Best Beach Boardwalks
Nestled between Fort Lauderdale and Miami is Hollywood, a classic Florida beachtown that's enchanted visitors since the 1920s. Hollywood Beach features a one-of-a-kind oceanfront promenade called the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk that stretches nearly two and a half miles along the Atlantic. Named one of America's Best Beach Boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine, this brick-paved thoroughfare is a haven for joggers, bicyclists, roller-bladers and all who'd prefer to take in the action from the comfort of one of the countless eateries and cafés along the way. The easy ocean access and village-like feel makes Hollywood a can't miss destination. Family dining becomes stress-free, as Moms and Dads kick back to enjoy a seaside meal while their little ones entertain themselves in the sand just steps away. Two Broadwalk parks attract kids of all ages to play paddleball at the historic Garfield Street courts or cool off in the whimsical dolphin play fountain. A convenient Trolley service runs Wednesdays, Thursdays & Sundays, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. and Fridays & Saturdays, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. offering a nostalgic way to get to and from the best sites on the beach and downtown.
• 2.5 mile paved walking, jogging and biking path with eco-friendly lighting
• 7 miles of beach
• 10 consecutive years as a Blue Wave Certified Clean Beach by the Clean Beaches Council
• 2010 Travel + Leisure America's Best Beach Boardwalk
• 2009 Fodor Travel Guide "Best Beach for Families"
• Dozens of restaurants and shops
• 3 oceanfront parks featuring playgrounds, paddleball courts, ping pong tables, interactive water play fountain, picnic pavilions and restrooms
• Free outdoor concerts at the Hollywood Beach Theatre.
ALL ABOARD! Come and explore the many things to see and do in Hollywood. From dining and cultural activities in Historic Downtown to exploring our good nature in North Beach and oceanfront dining, shopping and recreation in central and south beach, you'll see why Hollywood has been named an All-America city and one of Fodor's best beaches for families.
The Hollywood Trolley provides a public transportation service to improve mobility, enhance the visitor experience, ease parking demand and traffic congestion.
About the Hollywood Trolley
• Transportation service for Residents and Visitors
• Operates every Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday, 10am - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 10am - 11pm
• Departs approximately every 30 minutes from over a dozen stops on Hollywood beach and historic downtown
• $1 per ride/per person - riders will pay on-board the trolley - Exact change required • Children age 5 and under ride FREE
• Trolley Hotline: 954-921-3551
West Lake park
West Lake Park’s kayak rentals: (Canoe/Kayak/Stand-up Paddleboard Rentals)
Located a few minutes from the Riptide Hotel is West Lake Park, which occupies a three-mile strip of mangrove estuary and uplands immediately west of the Intracoastal Waterway within the cities of Hollywood and Dania Beach. West Lake has 47,800 feet of waterfront with an additional 20,600 feet of mangrove-fringed shoreline along the interior waterways.
Weather permitting, the marina offers rentals of kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards from Thursday through Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the last boat departing the marina at 3:50 p.m. Rentals are $14 per hour, $24 for two hours, and $30 for four hours. Rentals include boat or stand-up paddleboard and paddles.
For more information call 954-357-5161, go online or visit the Anne Kolb Nature Center office located at 751 Sheridan Street, Hollywood.